DomainMOD v4.09 Released -- New Installation Process & Code of Conduct
Saturday, April 7th, 2018
Although there are quite a few updates in this release, most of them are to the inner workings of DomainMOD, so there's not much you'll notice while using the software itself.
One of the exceptions to this is the new installation process, which has been completely redone. Not only does the installation process have a new look, including a section that checks your web server for the minimum requirements, but the code has been completely cleaned up and is now in a much better position for future expansions to the process.
Another big change is that we've now published an official Code of Conduct, which lets you know what is and isn't acceptable within the DomainMOD community. We recommend that everyone gives this a read.
We also had to move away from Fixer.io for currency conversions, as they no longer allow API lookups without having an account. We're now using Currency Converter API for these conversions.
As I mentioned, most of the other changes are behind-the-scenes, but here is a list in case you're curious:
- Added Requirements to README
- Added Code of Conduct to README
- Added PHP mail() wrapper
- Added logging to email sends
- Expanded the installation process
- Updated Composer (1.4.1 -> 1.4.2)
- Updated PHPMailer (5.2.25 -> 5.2.26)
- Updated PHP Cron Expression Parser (1.2.0 -> 1.2.1)
- Switched from Fixer.io to Currency Converter API
- Updated Email Send code
- Updated remote file retrieval code
- Updated System Information page with more data
- Updated logging to include more information
- Updated Registrar API writeups
- Various fixes & code cleanup
Download The Latest Version More News